Recipe Guide: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
How to Make Flare Friendly: Blend nuts and seeds into a powder, blend carrots and apple further
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (198g) carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large tart apple
- 1/2 cup (57g) walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup (42g) sunflower seeds
- 3 large egg equivalent- or Flax Egg
- 2/3 cup (131g) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (57g) orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with hot water, and set them aside to soak while you assemble the rest of the recipe.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, maple, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Stir in the carrots, apple, nuts, and sunflower seeds
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, olive oil, vanilla, and orange juice.
- Add to the flour mixture, and stir until evenly moistened.
- Drain the raisins and stir them in.
- Divide the batter among the wells of the prepared pan
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 28 minutes
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes in their pan on a rack, then turn out of pans to finish cooling. Wrap any leftovers airtight, and store at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.