Recipe Guide: Gluten free, Vegan, Dairy Free
Make it More Flare Friendly: Opt for mushed up beans instead of whole, use peeled cucumbers, swap tomatoes with optional add in’s if not tolerated well.
Expand your diet: Add in cilantro and other chopped greens if feeling adventurous!
- 1 whole-grain wrap (gluten free if on a GF diet)
- ½ avocado
- 1 Handful of lettuce
- 1 handful of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 5 sliced cucumbers (skinless if better tolerated)
- ½ cup of well-cooked black beans
- ¼ cup cooked brown rice
- *optional add in's: cooked potatoes, green beans, carrots or any other leftovers you've got that would be good in it!
- Bring ½ cup of canned beans to a pot on medium to high heat for 5 minutes
- Place ½ cup of frozen brown rice in a microwavable safe dish and microwave as instructed on the package.
- Place the whole-wheat or gluten-free wrap on a separate plate
- Slice ¼ of avocado (or more if desired) and place on the wrap
- Put 1 handful of lettuce on top of the avocado
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers on top of the lettuce
- Add cooked beans and cooked brown rice on top of the veggies
- Roll the wrap into a burrito and enjoy with a side of chips (Siete) and salsa