Recipe Guide: gluten-free (optional), vegan, plant-based, dairy-free
How to make it more flare-friendly: Blend beans to a smooth consistency to make them easier to tolerate.
Optional: Add slices of avocado and/or replace suggested vegetables to your own liking and tolerance. You can also mix in the avocados and top with sauteed spinach!
- 2 slices of whole-wheat toast or your choice
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 2 Tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- 1 teaspoons of mustard
- 1 piece of iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices of cucumbers (skinless optional)
- 1 slice of red onion
- 2 slices of tomato
- Start preparing your veggies (chopped celery, thinly sliced onion, cucumbers, and tomato)
- Put canned garbanzo beans in a small pot and heat for 5 minutes or until beans soften
- While beans are cooking, prepare a clean mixing bowl for cooked garbanzo beans and vegan mayonnaise
- Once garbanzo beans are cooked, drain and rinse beans and place garbanzo beans and vegan mayonnaise into your mixing bowl.
- Add chopped celery to your mix and continue to mash with a fork until an even consistency is achieved (should resemble tuna fish texture)
- Scoop 2 spoonfuls of mixture onto your bread or as desired
- Add tomato, cucumbers, and red onion to your sandwich
- Add a side of purple grapes and/or tortilla chips (Siete chips)