Delicious homemade "feta" cheese (DF)
Author: Rebecca Goodrich RD
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 F
- While the oven is heating, boil the cashews for 15 minutes and set aside to cool once finished
- Rinse cashews, drain, and add them to your blender.
- Add tofu, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder to your blender and mix well.
- Once your mixture achieves a smooth consistency, scoop mixture out of the blender and place on your baking sheet (that’s lined with parchment paper).
- Your tofu mixture should look similar to a melon and does not need to be spread out on the sheet pan.
- Place tofu mixture in the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- Enjoy your “feta” with pasta, spaghetti squash, or even on salads!