Recipe Guide: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
How to Make Flare Friendly: Omit onion if it’s a trigger for you
Sheet Pan Baked Salmon With Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or ½ teaspoon dried dill)
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ pound salmon fillets
- 1 pound sweet potato (1 large or 2 small), thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (omit if it’s a trigger)
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the marinade to use later.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish and pour half of the remaining marinade (not the 2 tablespoons you just set aside), over the salmon. Place the salmon in the fridge to marinate while you prep the veggies.
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Using a knife or mandolin slicer, thinly slice the sweet potato into rounds about ⅛-inch thick.
- Place the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the other half of the marinade that you used for the salmon. Toss the sweet potato slices with the marinade then spread them into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the pan and move the sweet potatoes to one side of the pan to make room for the green beans and onion.
- Drizzle the green beans and onion with the reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade. Give them a little toss with your hands or a spoon then spread them evenly into a thin layer next to the sweet potatoes. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and make a space in the center of the pan for the marinated salmon fillets. Top off each salmon fillet with a lemon slice or two and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and is no longer opaque. The sweet potato slices should be tender and the green beans crisp-tender.
- Serve the salmon and vegetables with additional lemon slices and salt and pepper, if desired.